Nylon timing gears?!

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Nylon timing gears?!
From: "Eric Gibeaut" <sunbeams@sc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 21:08:31 -0400
Help!
This Spring my trusty old 1975 Bronco with 150,000 miles on it's 302 stopped
dead because of stripped nylon timing gears.  Several bent valves, much work
and $$$ later the Bronco is fine. This leads to my question....
my 1965 Tiger has 120,000 miles on the original, never opened up 260.  Did
Ford use nylon timing gears on the Tiger engines and is this a grenade with
the pin half-way out waiting to explode?!
thanks for your help
Eric