Re: Nylon timing gears?!

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Nylon timing gears?!
From: "Rich Atherton" <aka.gumby@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 18:15:33 -0700
Oh I think many of us have those memories...  I first learned about the
nylon gears on a Jeep Wagoneer 327...  Plugged the oil p[ump with debris,
seized some rod and main bearing and snapped the crank..    :-)

NO engine I have built since has been put together with those dam things..
Sure they are quiet, but who gives a flying %^&^$# when a substandard part
is used to destroy your engine..I usually use the standard HIVO chains, but
will use either gear drive or roller chain for performance engines where cam
timing is more critical...

Rich

Remembering how the front half of the crank would turn a bit without the
back half moving at all..   Hmmm Something broke!   Drive'er home, and GUT
it...