RE: Boss 302 in Tiger???

To: "'Bill McKinsey'" <mckinsey@texas.net>, Gene <tigeriowa@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: Boss 302 in Tiger???
From: "Palmer, Robert L." <RPalmer@brobeck.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 14:48:58 -0800
Bill, Gene,

Just to add some detail, the BIG Cleveland heads of the BOSS 302 are why the
firewall has to be "modified". It is also the reason why the BOSS motor
doesn't make good power until mid-to-high rpms (although not 9,000 rpm!).
Obviously, these problems can be remedied by using, for example, 289W, 351W,
or newer aftermarket heads. There are also some important features of the
BOSS 302 block per se; it has four-bolt main caps, thicker cylinder walls,
screw-in freeze plugs, forged crank, etc. In other words, it's a race
designed block, but weighs probably around 50# more than your stock 260
block or even a HiPo 289. (BTW, I don't know what you mean by a "302 Hi
Po".)

Bob

contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use,
recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of
the original message.

To reply to our email administrator directly, send an email to
postmaster@brobeck.com
BROBECK PHLEGER & HARRISON LLP
http://www.brobeck.com