Re: Subject: A Bumpy Ride

To: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Subject: A Bumpy Ride
From: SJC Worldwide <ssage@socal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 18:07:16 -0800
Steve Laifman wrote:

> Steve Sage,
>
> Cullen had a good idea, but let me take it wone step further. I'd check
> the straightness of the wheel, as well, bu putting that dial indicator
> on the side of the rim. It could be wobbling from side-to-side, be in
> "perfect" balance, and handle and feel awful.
>
> Steve
> --
> Steve Laifman
> Editor
> http://www.TigersUnited.com

Steve & Cullen
I'm sure it's possible the wheels themselves could be imperfect, and that's
why I had such a hard time getting them balanced correctly, However, on the
drive home tonight I had it up to a bit over 70 with not a bump in the
steering wheel. Smooth as can be! So I don't have an incentive to track
things down any further at the present.

Regards,
Steve Sage
1967 MK1A