Re: What else !!!!!!!!!

To: Anthony & Susan <jetbike@worldlynx.net>
Subject: Re: What else !!!!!!!!!
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 11:15:01 -0800
Anthony & Susan wrote:

> Hey Tiger brothers!
>
> Found a guy with a 289 HO long block supposedly in good shape with the 5
> bolt bell pattern. The guy wants 3995.00 for it and that sounds like a lot
> of cabbage to me. What do you think of the price? Are they very rare and are
> there number codes I should be aware of? He said it was a "K" motor.
> Thanx
> ANT

YES, there are a lot of codes available, and many listed in HPBooks "how
to rebuild your SMALL BLOCK FORD ENGINE, by Tom Monroe. Recommend it.

The HiPo had some nice features, for the mid-60's, and such a 5 bolt is
only in the first Mustangs out. These are essential for a Show Car
Mustang that wants originality.

The compression ratio is higher, the valve springs, cam, higher
nodularaity iron crank than normal, stronger rods, weaker timing chain
due to internal weight, big crank dampner.

With the price of a crate Motorsport 5.0, with roller cams, aluminum or
steel heads, 4 horsepower (cam) choices, the unit can be installed, or
older version front cover to look more like stock. Need to work on the 6
bolt issue, but not a large problem.

See articles in Performance Tuning, in the Tech Tips section of
http://www.TigersUnited.com
--
Steve Laifman