Re: Aluminum valve covers, was: What else !!!!!!!!!

To: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ucsd.edu>
Subject: Re: Aluminum valve covers, was: What else !!!!!!!!!
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 23:18:01 -0800
Bob,

The subject of the addition of roller rocker to the valve cover removal
makes a very different scenario. I agree that most are higher, and even
require circular holes to be cut into the splash shields to clear the
top nut. This would make all the difference in the world on valve cover
removal. My statements only addressed a stock configuration, and the
"roller rockers" were not mentioned in the first inquiry.

I agree with you that it is a whole new kettle of fish.

This is compounded by the extra thickness of aluminum heads. I asked a
list question on anyone's experience with aluminum heads and firewall
valve cover clearance, but have yet to get an answer.

Hasn't anyone put aluminum heads on a stock location block with, or
without aluminum LAT valve covers?

--
Steve Laifman