Re: Dipstick and tube

To: SLaifman@socal.rr.com
Subject: Re: Dipstick and tube
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 19:26:46 EST
You mean I got something right and its only Jan 22nd?
This is definitely going to be a better year.

I had my air cleaner base chromed as well, but only
had the ridge that shows polished.  This provides
better rust protection.

Surprisingly when I had my dipstick chromed, it no
longer fit all the way down.  I can't believe the chrome
layer makes that much difference.  So I have to use a stock
dipstick from another Tiger motor I have.  I must have done
something wrong.  So my nice chrome dipstick hangs near
my work bench.  I thought about grinding it so it fits, but
I seem to remember that chrome chips do not help
your bearings shine.

Dave Johnson