Exhaust Smell

To: stubrennan@mediaone.net, ssage@socal.rr.com
Subject: Exhaust Smell
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 12:16:03 EST
I get the same smell.  I have a terrible seal at the trunk and this could be
the problem.  I think we've heard of the complaint enough to conclude that
this sucking of exhaust  fumes by Tigers is a problem.  Has anyone changed
the trunk seal and had the smell go away?

As for mufflers and pipes, Hot Rod magazine has run various articles over the
years and done some testing on a dynometer.   I remember that too large of a
pipe will work against horsepower.   An "x" joining the two pipes was very
much better than an "H" joining the two.  I believe they also tested mufflers
with a few surprising results.  I think in some cases there was more HP with
mufflers than without.  I believe some of these articles can be located
through their web site.    Mark L.