RE: Hood airflow

To: <sosnaenergyconsulting@cox.net>,
Subject: RE: Hood airflow
From: "Brian Moss" <BLMoss@prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 22:05:18 -0500
This trick was used a lot more by GM, if memory serves.  I seem to
remember a lot of cowl induction hoods on Chevelles, Corvettes, etc from
the muscle era.  Idea was to take advantage of a high pressure area that
built up at the base of the windshield when the car was at speed.
Didn't look nearly as cool as the shaker scoops that Ford and Mopar were
using, but probably a little better at putting more cold air through the
carb.

On