Re: VIN plate removal

To: dleit@worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: VIN plate removal
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 19:37:09 EST
Why would you even bother telling the state?
Most state license and title officials think a
Sunbeam is a mixmaster.  My Tiger had its
plate removed when it was repainted by the
PO over 30 years ago.  You think I told the
title clerk.  Are you kidding?  I walked in, paid
the $, and walked out with title and plates.

You forget, these people are public servants
and you are not subservient to them.  If they
don't ask, don't tell.  Just like the IRS.

When I was in Texas, the state required that
a State Cop check the ID.  He walked out
checked that the number matched the title,
and that was that.  You think I should say,
by the way, the ID plate was removed when
the car was painted. Or that the plate should
be riveted and screwed. I think not.

If your state people starts giving you grief, join AAA.
They will title and register your car without so
much as checking anything.  That's just one way
around the beauracy.  There are others.

Just don't let the petty beauracrats rule your
life.  It scares me when I read about listers
having title or emissions problems with
inspectors.  Its too easy to get around them.

Until the do gooders started sticking their
noses it, Andrew Jackson would get you just
about anything you needed from an official.
Stopped for speeding?  Give the officer your
license with $20 on the back. You'll get the
license back with a warning ticket.  Life
is so much easier this way.

Dave Johnson B382002668 (under repair) Aurora, IL