door blanks

To: "Tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: door blanks
From: "Jim Boynton" <jimboynton@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 12:26:22 -0500
 Last week with nothing better to do (first mistake) I removed a door panel
to replace a loose clip. The fiberboard was a disaster. I think the fabric
was the only thing holding it in one piece. I guess not unexpected after 35
years. The material is only a little better than cardboard. Anyway ordered a
couple blank panels from Rick and a couple questions:

 The new panels seem to be close depending if I used some of the former
metal surround strips. So do I re-attach all the old metal strips? If I do
that would seem to make the blank larger than the old panel. Or do I just
use a couple of the pieces where it is obviously needed to re-size to
original? Anyone who has done this procedure and can give me some hints.
Also how is the fabric attached to plastic. I hate to glue the fabric to the
panel in case of future removal.

Jim