WATTS linkage

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: WATTS linkage
From: "Rich Atherton" <aka.gumby@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 02:29:48 -0700
    Hey everyone.  I was just cruising through some pages about my favorite
Rover 215 engine, and ran across this picture of a WATTS linkage Panhard rod
setup that looked like something I had drawn up a year or so ago, and sent to
One of the Laifmans....(I can not get them straight)..  Anyway, I know the
Alpine's can use one, and the Tiger's always seem to either tear loose from
the frame, or do enough damage after 30+ years that repairs need to be done.
The drawing I did was a cantilever system for centrally locating the rear end,
without out it being pushed or pulled out of the centerline because of the arc
of the travel of the Rod .  this system keeps it right where it is.  This pic
is from the underside of the car while in a rotisserie.  The Car is a Triumph
TR7 / TR8  it wasn't clear which it was.  They also were adding Porsche Brakes
and other stuff, but the WATTS linkage was well done.  Here's the picture...

http://users.online.be/~gd31496/images/9.jpg

I'm sure some of you more metallic types out there could do this for your
Tiger.  Probably could build a Kit for everyone to use...  the mind Boggles..
:-)

Rich