Re: WATTS linkage

To: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: WATTS linkage
From: modtiger@attbi.com
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 22:48:22 +0000
I realize that you've never seen my White Tiger, but
it's had a Watts Link on the rear end since about 1970,
along with Jag rear disc brakes.  The OEM frame mount
has never broken, even after 30+  years of high
performance driving including autocrossing.  The
opposite side is a bolt-on mount and the center pivot is
a spherical joint, ball bearing assembly welded to the
rear cover. The Britts were quite interested in it when
they saw my car in 1980.  Kitting is very feasable,
depending on interest.  I also have a modified mount to
replace the OEM piece, if it still exists.  The redesign
lowers the mounting point and spreads the load so as to
reduce stress in the frame.  We have several Tigers
running this improved mount.

Tom