Re: OBD2 - Non Tiger

To: stubrennan@attbi.com
Subject: Re: OBD2 - Non Tiger
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 11:15:14 -0700
Stu,

If you are going to use arcane terms and acronyms, you should at least
get the spelling correct.

It is NOT OBD2 !

I have it from very knowledgeable sources that it is either:

R2D2

or

Obe Wan Kenobe !

However, you may actually need the C3PO model, because it communicates
better, though tends to be a little nervous when things are difficult.

Serially,

I have seen my Chrysler dealer use them, as well as the GM Pontiac
dealer, and have also read the "blinking light" codes that GM provides
with some lights on the test connector.

I did the same thing the dealers did. Look in the code book I have. You
DO have the factory code book, right?  Mostly it says - "something is
broke, it's probably in the braking system, the air flow management
system, or the computer".

Well, that's a whole lot of help. So what does the mechanic do? Swap
parts, just like before computers.

Steve
--
Steve Laifman