Re: OBD2 - Non Tiger

To: stubrennan@attbi.com
Subject: Re: OBD2 - Non Tiger
From: Gary Winblad <garywinblad@attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 19:46:45 -0700
OBD2 is a standard.  There are many codes that can get set as the car
analyizes itself.  This is a really good thing!   By reading the codes
you know EXACTLY is wrong.  Get a reader.  I have an Autotap
(autotap.com I believe) for my Corvette and you can read out all kinds
of things (intake temp, timing, knock retard, fuel level, speed, RPM,
you name it) and can log the info as you drive.  Then, you can reset the
light!  My old Ford Probe had the blinking light that told you what was
wrong.  You had to ground one of the pins on the diagnostic plug in the
engine compartment and then the light on the dashboard would blink codes
you looked up in the shop manual.
Gary