Re: Run On /Stalling Solved (Apparently)

To: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>,
Subject: Re: Run On /Stalling Solved (Apparently)
From: Steve Sage <ssage@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 14:57:32 -0800
Larry Paulick wrote:

> Steve, and All.  I have know of people who put graphite into the
> ignition switch, just like the locks on the door.
>
> It's OK for the locks, but graphite is a electrical conduit, and
> excess will provide a source of contact between internal connections
> such as a ignition switch, if it get to these contacts.
>
> Use a vacuum gauge to adjust the idle circuit on your carb.  This does
> it the right way, instead of guessing, and the gauge is cheap.

Larry:
I did use a guage. For whatever reason in my case, though, adjusting the
screws to the highest vacuum point ended up apparently causing my "run
on" condition. It's from that point that I adjusted the screws in 1/2+
turn that seems to have solved the problem. That adjustment only dropped
the RPMs about 200 RPM. Sorry I didn't clarify this in my post.

Steve Sage