Re: Missing Water and Rough Idle

To: "Allan Connell, Jr" <alcon@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Missing Water and Rough Idle
From: ssage@socal.rr.com
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 17:08:03 -0800
Allan Connell, Jr wrote:

>Hello Sunbeamers:
>I'd appreciate advice on two questions:
>
>1. The Tiger runs  pretty rough when first started in the morning when
>it's dead cold. ...............................
>

>Steve,
>My guess on the rough running is that you probably need to adjust/calibrate
>your Holley electric choke.  I seem to recall similar challenges when I
>first installed the electric choke, and fiddling with the calibration
>according to Holley's directions seemed to cure the problem.....on to
>#2.....
>

>2. My Tiger is thirsty, .........................
>
>The white "smoke" is common condensation on start-up....steam really.  It
>should have nothing to do with your water consumption unless it persists
>during the day when the engine is fully warmed...then you have a problem.
>Sounds like your guess of the heater core may be on the mark.
>My two-cents worth.

Allan:
I hadn't thought about the choke idea. I'll re-read my Holley carb
install instruction sheet  tonight and see what they say about this.

As you mention, the white smoke does not seem to happen when the Tiger
is warm. I may pull the heater core again and have another shop test it.
Maybe the first guy didn't know what he was doing.

Thanks.
Steve Sage