Re: Missing Water and Rough Idle

To: DJoh797014@aol.com
Subject: Re: Missing Water and Rough Idle
From: ssage@socal.rr.com
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2002 23:38:12 -0800
DJoh797014@aol.com wrote:

> Steve
>
> I forgot.  90% of rear light problems are caused
> by a bad ground in a front turn light.

Turns out it was just a burned out bulb. New bulb in and I'm flashing
again! I also finished installing my new spark plugs. That was just as
much fun as always. I'll see if the car starts up smoother in the
morning. All the old plugs were pretty similar; brown grey coloring at
the gap areas, but black and with a slightly "wet" look, although they
weren't actually wet, around the circular part below them. A little
re-design on the wheel wells by the factory would have been great. All
it would have needed was about three inches less of the wheel wells
intruding into the engine compartment and spark plug changes would be
more like the 15 minute job on my ex-Alpine instead of three or four
hours for the Tiger.

Finally, the water in the header tank was down about an inch this
morning. I think some of that water must be heading out the tail pipes
after all. It seems there's more moisture in the exhaust (especially
when cool) than I think is normal.

Has anyone had any luck with any cooling system/head gasket sealers (in
a can)?

Steve Sage