Re: Retaining original Calif. plates

To: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Retaining original Calif. plates
From: Rob Guerra <tiger351w@attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 23:03:41 -0800
actually  I have done it with two cars.

First you need to fill out one of their forms requesting you keep the
original plate.  You must also show that you have some original evidence
that the plate was originally assigned to the car  (ie. old registrations
or work orders from mechanics).  It will also be helpful to find a person
behind the counter who might be sympathetic to your cause

you can also contact:

DMV Special Processing unit
2415 First Ave
Sacramento Ca 95818

I was working with a lady named Irene,  of course this was 5 years
ago.  The last time I re-registered my Tiger was Oct 2000 and I had
numerous old registrations.

Hope this helps

At 07:00 PM 12/29/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>Has any Calif. Tiger owner who's car was not registered for years (likely more
>than 7 years) been able to re-register the car with the original Calif.
>plates? I have a 1973 Datsun 510 that was given to me by the original owner
>and had not been registered since 1982. A few months ago while registering the
>woman at the DMV started to give me new plates. I expressed my desire to keep
>the original blue and gold/yellow plates and filled out a bunch of paperwork
>(regarding condition, etc.) to do so. A few days ago the registration tags
>arrived, but unfortunately with new plates too. There was no explanation
>saying that my request was denied. Knowing how the DMV works (or doesn't) I am
>curious if I have any recourse to retain the original plates. Has anyone
>encountered this struggle. Thanks if you can give me any insight. Tom Witt
>B9470101

Rob

66 Sunbeam Tiger (351 W)             64 Sunbeam Tiger (HiPo 289, Lord
Rootes Winner 2001)
65 Sunbeam Alpine (Rotary)       67 Mustang Fastback          98 Mustang
Cobra  # 4973

7 Month Tiger Restoration:
http://home.attbi.com/~tiger351w
My Mustangs: