Re: oil filter adapter

To: "Andy Walker" <awtiger@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: oil filter adapter
From: stubrennan@attbi.com
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 12:48:29 +0000
Andy:

Don't think of it as an update.  It's a correction.  The Econoline part existed
in the early '60s, and if Rootes folks had done a thorough reading of the Ford
parts catalog at the time, they would have utilized it, right?  They missed the
wide ratio version of our transmissions, and they missed this, too.   The
Motorsport piece is just an updating of the old adapter.

I think the part was originally used on the early "straight 6" Econolines with
the engine almost between the front seats.  Ford had the filter sticking out
the side of the block on those sixes, so width was an issue between the seats.
Way back in the '60s, my former neighbor had one of those, and last time I
looked, it was still sitting way out in his back field.......

Stu