Re: Edelbrock F4B

To: Kathy and Erich Coiner <kathy.coiner@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Edelbrock F4B
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 11:21:50 -0700
I just looked up the reference in TBON, and the deal is that the lettered
aluminum manifolds made by Shelby were originally produced with Shelby part
numbers, and later it was produced in an unlettered version by (or for) Ford
with the C90Z part number.

The version of that manifold that I had (lettered SHELBY) was very similar in
geometry to the F4B - I find it hard to believe there would have been a drastic
performance difference between it and the F4B. The earlier 'low-rise'
four-barrel Tiger manifold that is pictured in TBON is quite different, but I
have no idea what was actually compared to what, almost forty years ago.

Theo