Re: alger

To: <SBtigerVince@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: alger
From: "Kathy and Erich Coiner" <kathy.coiner@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 20:02:41 -0800
>From what I have seen, it would be less work to put a V8 in a TR6 than into
an Alpine.
 I have given some casual thought to how to make an Alpine have more go
appeal.  I have read that swapping in the Ford 2.6 liter V6 from the mid
70's Mercury Capri is prettly straight forward. With that motor you can
retain the Alpine steering.
The original 260 was rated at 164 hp Gross,  the equivalent of about 130 hp
in todays measurements.  It should be a pretty easy job to find a late model
all aluminum 4 cylinder that makes way more than 130 ponies. The turbo 4
from the Mustang SVO and Tbird was 200 hp, but not Al block.
Electronic fuel injection, 4 valves per cylinder, maybe a turbo, and no
firewall surgery, sounds like a good way to go.

Erich