Re: Readers of the Lost Filter

To: wwwdg@webtv.net (David or Gary)
Subject: Re: Readers of the Lost Filter
From: garywinblad@attbi.com
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 00:24:07 +0000
> Now for another question:
> What oil filter was used on the Tiger? Were engines supplied to Rootes
> with the filters installed on the block, then Rootes removed the oil
> filter and re-used them on the Tiger remote set-up? I can't see them
> doing this, did Ford send a shipment of filters along with the engines,
> or did Rootes have to supply there own?

David,
It's only my speculation but if you look at the picture in:

Sunbeam Alpine and Tiger by  Graham Robson, pg. 98

This looks like an engine getting ready for installation in a Tiger, like
maybe they just un-crated it from Ford..   It has a filter on the block.
Probably Ford sent them that way, a cheap cap to keep out shipping dirt.
So, if they had a filter lay'n there, why not re-use it?  What do you think
Steve, am I close?

Gary