Smog rules on 30 year old cars

To: Senator.Florez@SEN.CA.GOV
Subject: Smog rules on 30 year old cars
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 17:03:45 -0800
Senator Florez,

While I can understand your air quality concerns, it is not clear why
the extremely limited number of 30 year and older vehicles represent any
significant influence here.  There are very few of them. The pollution
equipment on my 38 year old classic consists of a Pollution Control Valve.

How can you envision the administrative and public burden of finding out
just how many cars drive over this arbitrary 12,000 mile per year limit?

This is an administrative nightmare and will do nothing for your Central
Valley.  Run a DMV check on the number of vehicles fitting this criteria
that are actually resident in this area.  Darn few, I suspect.

Sincerely,

Steve Laifman
Editor
http://www.TigersUnited.com