Re: Wood dash... What years?

To: alaskanamphi@gci.net
Subject: Re: Wood dash... What years?
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 20:28:02 -0700
About 400 of the Tiger Mk1's were built with vinyl dashes, after that all
Tigers came with a wood dash.

There are several good books that are worth getting if you are interested in
Tiger history: the Sunbeam Alpine/Tiger Gold
Portfolio, which is a collection of contemporary magazine articles, and Tiger:
The Making of a Sports Car, by Mike Taylor. These
books come up on Ebay regularly and are also available new from Sunbeam
Specialties, as far as I know. These books will give you a
reasonably accurate accounting of the history behind the Tiger's creation and
its features.

Theo