RE: Subject: 289/302 Conversions - My own biased opinion

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Subject: 289/302 Conversions - My own biased opinion
From: "Paul R. Breuhan" <prbreuhan@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 11:21:33 -0400
I just bought a Tiger in January that is running a similar set-up like
Randy's car...part of the reason I bought it was because of the 289...and a
horsepower range of about 280-290.

But realistically any small Ford engine dressed up with Tiger goodies would
look at home under the hood.

And all this talk of roller cams, stroker motors, 400 plus hp, blah, blah,
blah...while interesting, it seems like there is a limit of realistic and
useable power that a Tiger can have without upgrades from front to
back...also more power isn't always funner or faster.

BTW...
Anyone who lives within driving distance of Detroit, Michigan and is
interested in a 302 Mexican block (used pistons and rods included but no
crank), a Tiger bellhousing, and 1967 289 heads...I will sell them to you
cheap, I will not be using them...just bring a truck to haul them
home...email me privately if interested.

Another 2 cents worth tossed out on the list,
Paul