Hydraulic fluids - getting your DOTs lined up.

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Hydraulic fluids - getting your DOTs lined up.
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 21:01:44 -0600
Hey gang,
I've found this FAQ from the Bel-Ray site to be great for putting to
rest the what-is-compatible-with-what and where-should-I-use-silicone
debates.

http://www.belray.com/consumer/Q&A%20pages/q&abf.html

Bel-Ray is a well-known supplier of high performance fluids in the
motorcycle world which is why most of the FAQ mentions bikes rather than
cars, but I think the basic information is most useful: Silicone fluids
are not compatible with glycol fluids, and DOT 5 does not imply silicone
everywhere in the world.

Theo