Fuel lines and Fuel pump

To: Tiger Submission <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel lines and Fuel pump
From: "Harry B. Elam" <harryb@elams.org>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 01:21:57 -0400
Ron,
Some years ago I had a fuel flow problem related to the fuel line
connection to the center tube.  After several choice cuss words, changing
to a noisy Holley high volume fuel pump and adding a pressure regulator, I
found the connection from the center tube clogged. The blocking material
was hard and crusty, appearing to be years of varnish-like build up. With a
near empty fuel tank, I drained the remainder and cleaned out the
restriction with increasing size drill bits, turned very slowly to prevent
damage to the fitting. My problem has been solved for about 4 years now. My
stock fuel line has been sufficient for fairly long runs in all out race
track conditions.  I agree with other inputs, you may not get much added
value for your money and effort with the small diameter increase.

Harry Elam
B392000471