Build dates for Tigers

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Build dates for Tigers
From: VegasLegal@aol.com
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2003 15:26:12 -0400
Dear List:

I believe I read somewhere that build dates for the Tigers are in a state of
limbo.  If not, could anyone provide a correct or approximate build date for my
car: B382000975.

If the dates are truly untraceable, I have some information that might shed
some light on narrowing a portion of the puzzle.  I just redid the interior of
my car, and under the original seat upholstery I found an ink stamped
manufacturing date on the seat foam providing either a construction date for
the seat or a date for the foam.  The date states "10SEPT1965".  Thus, it
appears safe to say that this relatively early MK1a was produced after 9/10/65.
 My outside construction date is the date the owner first saw the car on the
lot of Walker Dodge in Van Nuys (August, 1966), less a month or so for delivery
and import.

Thanks for any help.

Bob Nersesian
Las Vegas, Nevada