Re: Bumper on E-Bay Tiger

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bumper on E-Bay Tiger
From: bmelusky@netscape.net
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 19:16:17 -0400
The Registry is a wonderful asset to all Tiger owners or prespective buyers.
Thanks Norm, for carrying the torch.

I remember reading a story in the go-go market in the late '80's about two
groups that each had a piece of a car (Bugatti or something with similar great
value-I don't remember) and they were going to use this small scrap (it was
laughable what they were using as a starting point even if it was a legit
original hunk of metal) to claim provenance to completely fabricate a "real"
car. You can imagine the spat!  Glad our cars are not that valuable, but the
point is that in some circles a front clip could be the basis for a "real" car.
 I wonder how the DMV deals with this. Cars are put together all the time from
clips and sold to (unsuspecting) buyers.  What part of the car carries the
title? Does it work like a torn dollar bill? More than 50% is a buck and less
than 50% is paper?

melusky