Re: Bumper on E-Bay Tiger

To: ssage@socal.rr.com, drmayf@teknett.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bumper on E-Bay Tiger
From: JHMEARSRN@aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 18:37:40 EDT
Doc and Steve.....A Tiger doesn't have to be from the rust belt to have a
problem
with the jacking points especially the front where the most weight is located.
My car has always lived in the central valley (Modesto) and once several years
ago while using the factory jack on the right front, the support just folded
up.
If you go look at that jacking point on the front frame horn, about 4-5
inches back
it narrows down. Thats where it folded. The big problem then is that your
bumper
is cocked WAY off center.  I was able to pull it back down using a big steel
bar
and some leverage, so that the bumper is pretty much centered again. I have
always used a hydraulic jack since that day.  The factory jack is just for
looks in the
trunk.
John Mears
B9471072