Re: heater hose adaptors

To: itswonderful@attbi.com
Subject: Re: heater hose adaptors
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 20:49:51 -0600
That probably varies a lot depending on your skill set. To turn the problem
around, you can buy molded hose that is 1/2" on one end and 5/8" on the other -
usually even with right-angle bends molded into one end. If that can't be made
to work, you can take a 5/8" hose barb to 3/8NPT, and a 1/2" hose to 3/8" NPT,
with a female-female coupler, and you're set. If that's too long, then cut off
the threads, find a piece of copper or brass tubing that has the right OD, and
sweat solder them together using the copper tubing as a sleeve insert. Or find
someone that has a lathe and get them to turn a piece of brass or aluminum stock
to size for you.

Theo