Re: heater hose adaptors

To: CoolVT@aol.com, itswonderful@attbi.com
Subject: Re: heater hose adaptors
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 00:36:52 EDT
Yes, you can slip 1/2 copper tubing into the 1/2 inch hose and then
put the 1/2 into the 5/8.  But its a loose fit and I didn't want to trust
the clamp holding the 13 - 16 psi in the hose.  I felt the soldered
adapter was better.  But 6 to one......   I have even seen
some people put well lubed 5/8 copper into the 1/2 hose.  This
will not work if the 5/8 pipe has a barbed end.

I presume we are talking about running a 5/8 heater hose to the
1/2 heater core eliminating the 'T' fitting that had a line from the
carb base plate.  Or are you skipping a leaking heater valve.

Speaking of heater cores.  What is a good, boiled out, and
pressure checked heater core worth?  A fellow owner had his
core fail and is looking for a replacement.  I happen to have
this core in my spares.

Dave Johnson