Re: More questions...Tiger Side Trim...

To: "Paul R. Breuhan" <prbreuhan@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: More questions...Tiger Side Trim...
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 08:03:29 -0700
That's it, Paul.

Without those front and rear bolted fastenings, neither the original
ball headed rivets that the trim slid over, to the plastic replacements,
would hold that trim on after a few good bumps.  The rear folded
slotting of the trim strips reveals the wide section for inserting the
head (bigger than the ball rivets), as well as the taper to the narrow
slot as the whole think is slid into position, snapped over the rivets,
and bolted into position.  If you have trouble locating a stainless
machine screw with a large enough head to file (and it comes out pretty
thin, but strong), you could use a Dremel disc cutter and remove the
head, after installing a nut near it, then shape the beefier nut to the
square dimensions.

Steve

--

Steve Laifman