RE: Waterpump hub

To: TM <strombecker@shaw.ca>, Tiger Email List <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Waterpump hub
From: Theo Smit <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 16:53:48 -0600
As far as I know, the original Tiger waterpump hub was a standard
waterpump hub, flipped back to front. My Tiger came with a conventional
water pump (flat-front hub). When I fixed the front-to-back spacing
problems caused by the PO having the generator mounted on a Falcon
bracket, I went to the autowreckers and grabbed a bunch of different
water pump pulleys to find the one that had (1) the largest diameter
that would fit and (b) the right backspacing. I found three or four
different pulleys that each had the same diameter, but the offsets were
all about 1/8" different, and one of them lined up perfectly with the
crank pulley. Then I built an alternator bracket to match. The end
result is that I can use a standard water pump pulley, and install a fan
without having to machine a 1" center hole in either one.

Theo