Re: Waterpump hub

To: TM <strombecker@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: Waterpump hub
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 16:05:10 -0700
Terry,

With the exception of the custom aluminum Edelbrock HiPo pump, the stock
Ford pump already has the 1 inch hub, only it is on the BACK side of the
machined part.  It has been installed (or re-installed) backwards to get
the mounting surface further away from the Tiger radiator.  Dimensions
of set-back in Workshop Manual, actual and Tigersunited.com web version
- General specifications.

Get a good pump of the correct type (short and with open back for early
engine), have hub pulled, reversed, and pressed back on to specified
dimension. It comes with the pump!!!!

Sunbeam Specialties used to sell a non Ford version already done.

Steve

--

Steve Laifman
Editor