Re: Trailer Recommendations

To: Malc McDonald <mac_jr@mindspring.com>,
Subject: Re: Trailer Recommendations
From: Stephen Waybright <gswaybright@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 07:17:34 -0700 (PDT)
It is tough getting the wife, kids and luggage in a Tiger, isn't it! I
still haven't figured out how to get the two rear facing child seats
attached to my roll bar.
Before my Tiger was restored, I had a Big Tex 70DM open 18' tandem axle
diamond plate floor (http://www.bigtextrailers.com/spec/70dm.html).
Pulled great behind midsized trucks & SUVs. Poor license plate location
was the only problem. Sadly, it was stolen while at a shop that was
installing a roll cage in a friend's Spec Miata. I intend to replace it
with an Exiss, ATC or similar enclosed aluminum 20' to provide my now
fully restored Tiger better protection on long trips (hail storms
pretty common around here) and w/ AC, comfort for me and crew while at
track events. ;) I'm aiming for aluminum to keep the trailer weight low
so I can really load it up inside and not need a bigger tow vehicle.

I highly reccomend the use of a electronic brake proportioning box, and
if you pull with 1/2 ton or smaller, anything that improves towing
stability without comprimising ride while not towing; weight
distributing hitch, HD sway bars, certain helper spring designs.

Stephen Waybright