Front suspension advice needed

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Front suspension advice needed
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 16:55:21 EST
I will have my front end apart to replace the upper and lower ball joints.
Some questions:

The new ones are from Twian....is this what's on the market now?  Suppose
they are okay? (at least they have zerks)

Years ago I replaced the front springs with 335 lb springs from CAT.  The
original springs were 12" tall (unloaded) and the replacements were 10 1/2".
The
car ended up with a downhill stance.  I thought maybe I could correct this
when I had things apart. I was told that I could have round aluminum shims cut
to fit above the rubber spring insulator.  if I do this:

Would I use an 1 1/2" spacer to make up for what was lost?

Will this "preload" the springs to make things the ride too stiff?

Will this throw the camber off so far that I can't adjust to specs?

Does anyone have a spring handy to give me the diameter so I can have the
spacers constructed before hand?

Enough questions for now?  I would appreciate anyone understanding this
theory and geometry to throw some advice out there.
Thanks in advance.
Mark L.