Re: Engine temp

To: dave@munroe.ca, Timothy.Ronak@AkzoNobel.com
Subject: Re: Engine temp
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 08:36:28 EDT
Two thoughts on the overheating.  I would not overlook the possibility of a
faulty sending unit which can cause readings to be all over the map...and it's
a pretty cheap part to replace.  Second, has anyone considered the possibility
of an electric water pump.  This will give a constant speed as opposed to our
belt driven version that slows  down when we idle.  There should also be a
horse power gain with the electric. There is also an interesting electric
version that is installed in the radiator hose...same thing..this will run at a
constant speed.  I believe the in hose variety can be rigged with a thermostat
operate only when needed.
Mark L.