RE: Engine temp

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Engine temp
From: "Theo Smit" <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 11:34:41 -0600
Hi all,
I did some searching on the web and found the links below. Now on the
surface it would seem implausible to me that you can replace an
engine-driven impeller pump that apparently uses 30 horsepower with an
electric pump that draws 100 watts (7.5 amps at 12 volts), or the equivalent
of about 1/7 horsepower, and get equivalent performance, but apparently that
is what is being claimed.

http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/elecpump.htm

http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2000/08/electricwaterpump/index.shtml

2000 hours life isn't bad, so long as the rebuild process for the motor
isn't of the "throw it out and get another" variety. I would really like to
hear from anyone that has insights on the efficiency of belt-drive
accessories in general and waterpumps specifically.

Best regards,
Theo