Engine mount shim and Sunbeam in Brussels

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine mount shim and Sunbeam in Brussels
From: Chris Mottram <c_mottram@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 18:18:27 -0700 (PDT)
I am shimming my engine up to fit the "good" derale
fan from the TEAE website - thanks all for the fitment
pics and insight.  The amount I need to lift the
engine for the fan to clear the steering rack is about
the thickness of a fat washer (sorry about the
technical specification some of you may not be
familiar with ;-)).  It looks like I can put washers
between the engine and the engine mount bracket (4
bolts - 2 each side) OR 1 big washer on each side
between the male engine mount bracket attached to the
engine and the female bracket attached to the
frame/fender.  Is either spot preferrable?  I want to
be careful about doing something stupid that could
cause the engine to "let go" of it's mooring!

Part 2 - I spend last week in Brussels. I went to
AutoWorld which has several hundred American and
European vintage cars of all makes.  There is a 1954
Sunbeam Alpine (talbot convertible) there in the
collection.  Quite a few Lambo's, Ferrari's, a
pre-Rootes Talbot, and pre-Sunbeam Darraq. No MG's.
Better than that was the Ason Martin DB2 that roared
past me while I was walking down one of the
cobblestone streets - very cool.

Thanks,
Chris