Re: Engine mount shim and Sunbeam in Brussels

To: Chris Mottram <c_mottram@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Engine mount shim and Sunbeam in Brussels
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 09:33:29 -0700
Chris,

I used the Ford 6 blade Canadian fan, and trimmed blade/hub to match.
Worked fine.  A few weeks later the motor mounts were replaced (NOT
MUSTANG!!!) and 4 washers were found under the block to mount
interface.  The mechanics removed them to give more clearance for the
F4B and LAT hood.   Had a great deal of strange engine noises and
varying conditions.  I found the the aluminum blades, so carefully
milled to fit, were striking the steering rack.  This deformed the tips
until it fit!  I filed the edges smooth, and everything is OK now.  The
point for YOUR question being that the washers were between the mount
and the block.  I can not find that in the Tiger Official Parts List,
but it worked fine.  I would hesitate to try a larger washer under the
frame motor mount, as this could cause the entire assembly to rock.

Steve

--
-----

Steve Laifman