Re: Dipstick Problems, Take Two

To: "David or Gary" <wwwdg@webtv.net>,
Subject: Re: Dipstick Problems, Take Two
From: "FunbeamChuck" <FunbeamChuck@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 11:39:36 -0400
I'm second guessing my dip stick now, also. I appreciate the measurements
but I'm still not clear where my "Full" should be on my dip stick.
Maybe this question would clear it up for some of us. What should the
measured length of the dip stick be if you measure from the bottom of the
"stop/seating ring" at the timing cover to the top of the "correct oil
level" in the oil pan - no matter what oil pan is used? "Correct oil level"
to me is when the top of the oil in the pan is not too high on the crank,
but sufficient to not be "slung" out of the way of the pump pick-up on
turns. This would be the place where "Full" would be on the dip stick, would
it not?
All the Best,
FunbeamChuck