RE: Dipstick Problems, Take Two

To: "'Theodore Brown'" <tbrown@midcoast.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Dipstick Problems, Take Two
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 02:39:43 -0400
        It's hard to say how many of us have original dipsticks and more to
the point accurate dipstick markings.

You can always do the following to make any dipstick work for you.

Put 5 quarts in the engine, start the engine to fill the filter and let it
set.   Pull the dipstick and mark the oil line, this is your new 5 quart
mark or full line   Now you have a choice of removing one quart of oil and
marking that line or you could approximate 4 quarts by using the distance of
the original marks on the dipstick and mark that distance down from your new
5 quart mark.

Ron Fraser