Dipstick Problems, Take Two

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Dipstick Problems, Take Two
From: Theodore Brown <tbrown@midcoast.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 21:17:27 -0400
Hello All:
Today I received the new dipstick and tube from NPD for my 260
block and discovered that it gives the same reading as the previous
setup.  I get a full reading when I have 3.5 quarts in the sump, which
is wrong, according to the Wordshop Manual which gives 5.0 quarts
as the capacity.  Therefore, taking the advice of Richard Feynman
who said "You don't know anything until you measure it", I
would appreciate it if someone with an original 260 could tell me
the lengths of the dipstick tube and the dipstick.  Maybe that will
give me an idea of how to proceed.  Thanks in advance.
Tod
B382002384LRXFE