Gano Filter Modification

To: <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gano Filter Modification
From: "Stu Brennan" <stubrennan@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 19:05:26 -0400
While I was messing around with my water pump, I decided to modify my
Gano water filter installation.

I had removed the filter elements from their brass body and just held
them in the radiator inlet as I pushed the hose over the whole works.
This makes for an invisible installation, but I have had more difficulty
that anticipated getting them out for inspection and cleaning.  So I
decided to install them the right way, by cutting the upper hose.

I was a bit concerned that the smooth body of the filter, even with the
little lips, would let the hoses slip off.  So I had a friend with a
lathe turn some additional grooves into the brass filter body.  With the
clamps tightened, the hoses should now have plenty of traction to stay
put.

Stu Brennan