RE: Outer Window Seal Clips

To: JParlanti@genelogic.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Outer Window Seal Clips
From: Dave Munroe <dave@munroe.ca>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 14:27:45 -0300
Joe;

I'm glad Martin was able to help. He is a great guy, and has been a big
help to the members of the club here in Nova Scotia who were looking for
some strange or obsolete parts. His stuff always is top quality.

I'm happy too, to have put you in touch with him. The members of this
Tiger list have been of enormous assistance to me. It's nice to be able
to contribute!

Cheers,

Dave

Listers,

A few weeks ago I posted a message looking for a sources for the outer
window seal clips that were no longer available. Rick's (Sunbeam
Specialties) source had dried up, and the Victoria British part that I
had
been sent had no hope of ever working. Thanks to the list, Dave Munroe
sent me a source in Canada called MacGregor British Car Parts. I spoke
with Martin MacGregor who was a very nice and knowledgeable guy. He
actually worked for Pressed Steel at one time in his life. His company
specializes primarily in seals, moldings, clips etc. for a large number
of
British cars. I ordered a set of the clips and installed them this
weekend. The clip looks different than the stock one but seems to work
quite well. Here's a link to a page showing the clips:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/parlanti/Clips/clips.htm

Finally, here's a link to the MacGregor site:

http://www.macgregorukcarparts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT

Thanks again to Dave Munroe for the info and I hope this helps out
others
in the future.

Cheers,

Joe Parlanti