RE: Tiger Tragedy Tonight...

To: "'Paul R. Breuhan'" <prbreuhan@hotmail.com>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Tiger Tragedy Tonight...
From: Dave Munroe <dave@munroe.ca>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 07:35:34 -0300
Paul;

My sincere condolences. Thanks you for reminding all of us how easily
things like this happen.

Even if you had been insured, the loss of your Tiger would still be a
tragedy that wouldn't be completely resolved by money. I'm installing a
fire extinguisher in my Tiger today.

Thanks and may you recover quickly from this disaster.

Dave

Subject: Tiger Tragedy Tonight...

Listers,
Let my blunders serve as a warning to you, make sure you have a fire
extinguisher and good insurance.

Tonight my Tiger burned. Fortunately myself and my young son escaped
harm
but my car did not.

Coming home from a pleasant evening drive, I believe, a valve cover
gasket
could not hold the load causing oil to spill on the header which was
wrapped
with Thermo-Tec Header Wrap and somehow it ignited. We pulled over after
an
incredible amount of smoke poured out all around the car. After pulling
my
son out I opened the hood to see the driver side engine compartment
engulfed
in flames. Four or 5 minutes later the passenger compartment caught on
fire.
The fire department took a leisurely 15-20 minutes to arrived douse the
flames.

Even in the dark I could see everything non-metal in the interior is
gone...all the glass...wiring...gauges...seats...carpet...dash
board...even
the aluminum steering wheel melted away...it's bad...real bad....I don't

know if I want to even look.

It will be a total loss to me since I still have 1/2 filled out
insurance
forms for Hagerty Insurance still sitting on my dresser, I never got
full
coverage on the car (this stuff happens to other people not me? right?
that's what I told myself) and I am not in financial shape to rebuild.
More
than likely the reminants will be parted out since it will be the only
way
to recoup any money from my investment.

So tomorrow I will go with heavy heart to the yard where the car now
sits
and see in daylight the extent of my misery...it took me 22 years to get
Tiger and 18 months later it's now all gone...

So fill out that damn insurance paperwork tonight and mail it in...carry
fire extinguisher at all times...and if I never see a wrapped header
again I
will be a happy man.

Paul