Re: Tiger Tragedy Tonight...

To: alpines@autox.team.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tiger Tragedy Tonight...
From: RSpontelli@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 21:04:46 EDT
Paul,

Like all the rest of your "family" here, I too am saddened by the damage to
your car, and thankful that you and your son suffered no physical harm.

The chorus of folks pledging to add a fire extinguisher to their onboard
equipment is a real good thing, but it reminds me of a story I heard from a
longtime Tiger friend, Randy Stephan. (Some of you might know Randy.)

Randy always carried a fire extinguisher, and the one time he truly needed
it--in response to a fire in his Mustang--the fool thing did not work!
Luckily,
someone was close by with another, but his experience revealed the obvious
lesson:

     Carry TWO fire extinguishers!

Ramon