Re: towing a Tiger

To: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Subject: Re: towing a Tiger
From: John Clark <clarkjc@runbox.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 08:14:43 -0400
I was told by a friend of mine, who is an ASE certified mechanic, that
towing with the driveshaft installed places load on the gears in the
differential "the wrong way."  I just did a quick search with Google, and
many other sources recommend the same thing.  It's only 4 bolts to remove
the driveshaft - it's not like it's major surgery, Doctor.

I did forget to mention that if you should remove your driveshaft, mark its
relationship to the mounting flange on the rear end.  I believe this is for
proper balance.  That bit of information came from the shop manual.

- John
B382000703LRXFE